LINUX ADMINISTRATOR [08/22/2011]
Atlantic.Net is currently seeking a Linux Administrator in Orlando, Florida. The successful candidate will design/implement and administer enterprise systems, monitor and enhance system performance, and provide general support tools and systems integration.
The Linux Administrator will also be responsible for collaborating with the Windows and Facilities Engineering Teams to deliver outstanding performance, uptime, and results for mission critical data center applications supporting Atlantic. Net’s hosting solutions including cloud computing, virtualization, and dedicated hosting solutions.Primary Responsibilities:
- Plan and deploy operating systems, major hardware upgrades, and projects from concept to deployment.
- Maintain and monitor production systems to ensure optimal performance and uptime.
- Produce and analyze metrics for servers and storage to ensure uptime, enhance performance, and optimize resource allocation and utilization.
- Effectively communicate with IT staff and management at all levels.
- Manage infrastructure to support new and existing server installations, and software/build integration.
- Write necessary code while acting as a team leader in the implementation of related projects and tasks.
- Improve and implement project and process change to meet customer needs and exceed customer expectations.
- Collaborate effectively with first-line IT support staff, end users and other IT teams.
- Engineer, design and deploy high-availability and disaster recovery architectures.
- Deploy load balancing hardware, Cisco routers, switches, network security and firewalls.
- Expert in Linux systems administration with 5 to 7 years of Red Hat Linux support experience to lead small to large projects.
- Knowledge of advanced server functions including virtualization, clustering, load balancing and directory services.
- Strong technical understanding of Volume Management in a SAN environment.
- Strong technical understanding of IPtables, Intrusion Detection and Prevention, and OpenVPN.
- Strong understanding of NAS and SAN storage infrastructure with storage array systems.
- Experience with mission critical web server solutions (Apache/MySQL/Bind).
- Experience with mission critical email solutions (Qmail/Vpopmail/Horde).
- Experience managing mission critical backup solutions (Netvault).
- Experience with compilers and scripting languages such as PERL, Python and BASH.
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Experience with server consolidation.
- Experience with large, high-volume, multi-platform business application environments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems/Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Cisco experience a plus (3550 and 6509 series switches running IOS).
- Certifications (RHCE, CCNP).
- Experience with administration of medium-large data center environments.
- Salaried-exempt position, paid on a biweekly basis.
- Growth potential.
- Competitive base pay.
- Attractive benefits.
Atlantic.Net is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. We are also a drug-free workplace. Employment is subject to a successful background check and drug test.
If you would like to apply, send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the title of the position for which you are applying. You will be contacted if further dialogue is needed. http://www.atlantic.net
Job Type: Permanent
Company: Atlantic.Net Inc.
Atlantic.Net is a market-leading Hosting Solutions Provider recognized for providing exceptional Infrastructure as a Service, simplifying complex technologies, and building a brand that businesses trust since 1994. We operate SAS 70 Type II audited and certified hosting solutions platforms to assist businesses throughout the world with advanced IT needs.
Atlantic.Net Hosting Solutions include an array of hosting services, including: Colocation, Cloud Server Hosting, Shared Web Hosting, Managed Server Hosting, and Dedicated Server Hosting Solutions. We are a trusted adviser to the global community. We own and operate our data center infrastructure and are dedicated to implementing tailored hosting solutions that enable you to enjoy the benefits of cost savings.
Company Website: http://www.atlantic.net
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply Now button