WINDOWS ADMINISTRATOR [08/22/2011]
Atlantic.Net is currently seeking a Linux Administrator in Orlando, Florida. The successful candidate will design/implement and administer enterprise systems, monitor and enhance system performance, and provide general support tools and systems integration.
The Windows System Administrator will perform system administration functions such as system troubleshooting, participation in the 24x7 on-call support rotation, and taking care of Windows systems escalation supporting Atlantic. Net’s hosting solutions including cloud computing, virtualization, and dedicated hosting solutions.Primary Responsibilities:
- Advanced server functions to include VMware, clustering, load balancing, Active Directory and Exchange.
- Ability to multi-task on several different projects and applications in a high-volume environment.
- Train and mentor peers to implement solutions and integrate solutions into existing environments.
- Serve as an architect when designing solutions.
- Install and configure operating systems, hardware and software.
- Implement backup and recovery routines for AD, Exchange, MS SQL and Sharepoint environments.
- Design and implement upgrades.
- Develop infrastructure and automate recurring tasks.
- Develop and improve processes by leveraging existing and emerging technologies.
- Provide enhancements to existing environment.
- Act as team leader on small to large enterprise projects.
- Work closely with the Linux/Security Team and understand/implement all compliancy requirements.
- 5+years of experience monitoring, maintaining and analyzing functions.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in an enterprise environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills (English).
- Extensive and broad functional experience across a range of complex architectures.
- Solid technical and functional understanding of AD, DNS, DHCP & WINS integration, Group Policy, Security (including SID, GUID, permissions & NTFS), PKI, TCP/IP, SNMP, LDAP, and Meta-directory technologies.
- Experience with project management for small to large enterprise projects from concept to deployment and implementation.
- Thorough understanding of current LAN/WAN technologies.
- Must demonstrate strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills in enterprise level environments, and utilize process thinking to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Knowledgeable in other products and platforms such as Linux.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems/Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge in Windows Server Update Services (WSUS - server patch mgmt.).
- Experience in Windows applications such as Exchange, MS SQL and SharePoint.
- Cisco experience a plus (3550 and 6509 series switches running IOS).
- Certifications (MCSE, CCNA).
- Salaried-exempt position, paid on a biweekly basis.
- Growth potential.
- Competitive base pay.
- Attractive benefits.
Atlantic.Net is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. We are also a drug-free workplace. Employment is subject to a successful background check and drug test.
If you would like to apply, send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Be sure to include the title of the position for which you are applying. You will be contacted if further dialogue is needed. http://www.atlantic.net
Job Type: Permanent
Company: Atlantic.Net Inc.
Atlantic.Net is a market-leading Hosting Solutions Provider recognized for providing exceptional Infrastructure as a Service, simplifying complex technologies, and building a brand that businesses trust since 1994. We operate SAS 70 Type II audited and certified hosting solutions platforms to assist businesses throughout the world with advanced IT needs.
Atlantic.Net Hosting Solutions include an array of hosting services, including: Colocation, Cloud Server Hosting, Shared Web Hosting, Managed Server Hosting, and Dedicated Server Hosting Solutions. We are a trusted adviser to the global community. We own and operate our data center infrastructure and are dedicated to implementing tailored hosting solutions that enable you to enjoy the benefits of cost savings.
Company Website: http://www.atlantic.net
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply Now button