Data Center Technician [08/30/2011]
About the Job
eApps Hosting is a provider of high value Cloud hosting services for businesses and organizations in over 150 countries. eApps is offers a state of the art Cloud hosting platform using advanced virtualization and infrastructure technologies to power mission critical web sites and applications. eApps is at the epicenter of Internet based networks and server-side processing. We are a small but rapidly growing company that has been recognized as a pioneer in the hosting industry. We are looking for high energy people that are willing to make a strong commitment to meeting the challenge of building a world class hosting company.
You will be a full time employee of eApps Hosting and will work at our Data Center location in Suwanee, Georgia. This position REQUIRES that you can be at your station at the data center in less than 30 minutes in the event of an emergency call.
The responsibility of the Data Center technician is to deploy, maintain, administer and support hardware and software used to operate our hosting operation. The Data Center Technician will be expected to provision Linux and Windows rack mounted servers according to company standards, install and configure network and storage equipment under guidance of senior technicians, perform routine maintenance such as replace disks and equipment parts, manage spare parts inventory, operate software used for backups and other operational functions, and perform first response duties for server and equipment issues.
The requirements of this position go beyond installing and maintaining racked equipment. The person in this position must take ownership of a task and achieve a resolution or know when to escalate it to our senior technical experts. This is also a challenging position that requires a high level of commitment. Flexibility in work hours is required. Prior experience with ISP services (email, DNS, HTTP) in a data center environment is highly desired.
Skill Set Desired:
eApps is an Internet services firm that offers high end cloud hosting services which requires a high level of up-time and performance. The ideal candidate will meet the following skill requirements.
- Linux and Windows operating systems knowledge - You must be able to install a Linux and Windows server from scratch and configure it on a network.
- Solid networking foundation - You must have a basic proficiency in network operations to succeed in this position
- Good understanding of Internet protocols - Candidate will understand common protocols such as HTTP, SMTP, POP3, DNS
- Flexible work hours - This is a 24/7 operation. The position will require odd work hours such as evenings and weekends. This position requires that you can work the afternoon shift at this time.
- Attention to detail – A “near obsession” with organization and attention to detail is required.
- Great problem solving skills - You must have a sound knowledge of web and email hosting and be able to perform troubleshooting when problems appear to be related to the hardware and software architecture
- Excellent communication skills - You will need to feel comfortable interacting with associates, senior technical experts, and customers
- Good Judgment - Successful candidate will know when to stick with a problem and when to seek assistance
- Self Starter - Ideal candidate has a high energy level and is comfortable producing a high volume of work
Benefits of Working on the eApps Team:
- Learning opportunities - environment that encourages personal growth and education. Working at eApps is like getting an Advanced Degree in Internet Networking Services!
- Fast paced environment - entrepreneurial, positive, and dynamic
- Advancement - opportunity to assist in developing our technical support function and assume leadership responsibilities in the future. Our growth means opportunity for you!
- Benefits - We provide health care and other personnel benefits to cover your personal needs
- Challenges - support a cloud hosting platform that includes application servers, mail servers, databases, and complex network configurations. We have an environment where Go Getters can thrive!
- Great workplace - people that support each other and work as a team. We have a small company feel with a big company mind set!
- Rewards - company that rewards individuals based on their contribution to the success of the company. Your contribution will be rewarded!
Job Type: Permanent
Web Hosting company offering Cloud hosting services.
Company Website: www.eapps.com
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply Now button